The RHS Letters are an integral part of the RHS Malvern Spring Festival, serving as a captivating installation for visitors; they radiate the identity of the Festival with their vibrant display of beautiful fresh blooms. Their main purpose is to provide a preview of the floral wonders that await within the Festival, and serve as a hotspot for photography, which is featured frequently across social media.
Ahead of the 2024 Festival, we’re offering the opportunity for a talented florist or floral designer to showcase their expertise and decorate the infamous RHS letters for the 2024 RHS Malvern Spring Festival (9-12 May 2024).
About the RHS Letters
The RHS Letters are matte white painted timber structures, created with the intention for floral features to be planted into them. Each year the Letters are decorated differently to give visitors a fresh installation to admire. We’re looking for some fresh floral talent to inject their vision into the Letters.
Important things to know:
- For those eager to apply, we require your RHS Letters theme to make use of plenty of plant material to spread the key horticultural message of RHS Malvern Spring Festival.
- The budget for the build is £2,100+VAT (if registered), we’re asking all applicants to ensure their design ideas can be created within this budget and to provide a budget proposal when applying.
- The RHS bans the use of Floral Foam/Oasis. For further advice on floral foam alternatives, click here.
How to apply
We’re asking all those eager to apply to submit their designs to at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should include:
- A list of flowers/plants and colour/themes
- An explanation on how you will achieve your design without floral foam
- A sketchbook/moodboard (optional)
Before submitting please ensure no banned plants or flowers are included in your design, a full list of all banned plants can be found here.
The deadline to apply is 15th January 2024. Download the full factsheet here.