RHS Malvern Spring Festival will be the greenest show yet.
RHS Malvern has promised to continuously improve its impact on the environment and empower its visitors to make more planet friendly choices.
Some of the changes we’ve already made are:
- New free water refill stations have been installed across the showground to minimize usage of plastic bottles. Visitors will be encouraged to bring their own bottles
- All waste will be removed from site, sorted and either recycled or incinerated and converted into refuse derived
- All compost for show gardens and feature gardens is sourced locally from Worcester County Council, is peat free and derives from garden waste
- Plastic bags have been replaced with biodegradable, paper or tote bags for use in the Floral Marquee, Plant Village and Plant Pavilions and visitors are being encouraged to bring their own bags for life
- In building the festival, we procure goods and services from responsible suppliers who share our sustainability aims, and we prioritise local when we can
Food and Drink changes
- New free water refill stations have been installed across the showground to minimize usage of plastic bottles. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own bottles
- All the packaging used by the site catering contractor is compostable.
- We have increased plant-based food offerings at the festival
Greener ways to get to the festival
- We actively encourage visitors to attend the festival using public transport
- We offer a free shuttle bus transporting visitors from Great Malvern station to the Showground and back again. Running every 20 mins each day of the show.
- New electric car charging points are available
- Cycle racks are available at West and South gates
NEW Electric Vehicle Charging Facilities
- We have six 7.2kw Type 2 charging points located inside red gate for the duration of the show – 5-8th May, located in Gold Parking, entrance off Blackmore Park Road
- Type 2 charging leads are provided
- The charging points are free to use for show visitors and offered on a first come first served basis. The facilities are not available to pre book and you do not have to have paid for Gold Parking to use the EV charging facilities
- We ask that visitors only use what they need and request that those using them in the morning move their cars after 4 hrs, allow the charging points to be used by other visitors in the afternoon